Last Updated September 20, 2021
This policy describes what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Commitment to Privacy
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity without your prior consent, and we will not send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
Acceptance of Terms
- Applying to work at United Way as an employee: When you apply to be an employee, we ask for a variety of types of data that are typical for employment applications including your résumé.
- Making a financial contribution: When you make a financial contribution online, we collect your name, contact information and standard credit card data. This information allows us to process and fulfill your donation and notify you of your donation status.
- Signing up for email updates: When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, we ask for your name and email address.
- Other tracked information: When you request information about running a campaign, enter a sweepstakes, complete a survey, vote in online polls or any other function that uses a submit/go feature, we may track personal information you provide in our secure database of community supporters. An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. We use your IP address along with other users’ IP addresses to track usage patterns and improve our website. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
Security of Credit Card Information
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. United Way works with a third-party credit card company Stripe, in the same way as other e-commerce websites. This partner handles all information in accordance with laws enacted to protect consumers like you.
How We Use Your Information
United Way will not sell, trade, or share personal information about our financial donors with anyone else, nor will we send mailings to our financial donors on behalf of other organizations, unless a donor has given us specific permission to do so.
If you provide United Way with personal information when you visit our website, we may enter your name into our database so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or solicit future contributions.
United Way tracks user traffic patterns with Google Analytics. This tracking is anonymous and not associated with individual users. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit Google Ad Settings. Learn more about Google Analytics.
United Way may also share macro-level tracking information with third parties for various reasons, such as to attract potential advertisers and/or grant-makers and to enhance the effectiveness of the website through consultants. At no time will personally identifiable information that you provide be shared with any of these or any other third parties.
We Care About Doing It Right
United Way is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security and accurate processing of your information.
Contact Us about Privacy
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
- be removed from our database,
- correct or update your information, and/or