The Twin Cities are often recognized as one of the best places to live in the country. We’re committed to making that true for each and every member of our community.
We will create a community where all people thrive regardless of income, race or place.
How We Work
- Grant Making and Fundraising: We invest in high-impact local nonprofit organizations and programs doing impactful work.
- United Way’s 2-1-1 Resource Hotline: Available 24 hours every day of the year, this resource and referral service connects callers with critical basic needs. 2-1-1 is the #1 referral resource in the Twin Cities.
- Nonprofit Leadership Support and Capacity Building: We support and help to impact the bottom line of organizations led by and serving people of color and American Indians via our Culturally Powered Communities program.
- Convenings: We hold convenings and trainings per year, bringing together leaders from the nonprofit, public and private sectors to address our community’s challenges.
- Advocacy and Coalition Work: United Way works in coalition to influence policy around and state investments in housing, food, education and job training.
- Volunteer Engagement: We engage individuals and families throughout our community in meaningful volunteer projects year-round.
Explore what it means to be a changemaker, and to make an impact in your community with Greater Twin Cities United Way.