All In for Our Kids!
Reserve Your Spot and Join Us at the Capitol
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 AM
Location: Minnesota State Capitol Building, 75 Rev Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, St Paul, MN 55155
Over 35,000 children in the state of Minnesota don’t have access to affordable quality early care, education, and other supports.
This day is an opportunity to speak up, for and with children, to make sure their care and education are prioritized in policy discussions and legislation this session.
Your voice matters, and legislators want to hear from you!
Let’s create a buzz! Use #GreatStartMN and #ACD2023 to share why early childhood is important through photos, quotes or artwork!
Attendees are also encouraged to set up meetings with their legislator(s).
Early Childcare and Education Advocacy Events
- Tuesday, February 14 – Minnesota Child Care Association Day on the Hill
- February 21 – February 24 – Kids Count On Us Week of Action
- Thursday, February 23 – Kids Count On Us Post Card Drop Off at the Capitol
- Wednesday, March 15 – ECFE Day at the Capitol
- Friday, March 17 – YWCA Minneapolis Day on the Hill
- Monday, March 20 – Community Solutions Day on the Hill with Children’s Defense Fund-Minnesota
- Wednesday, March 22 – MN Coalition of Family Home Visiting Advocacy Day (as a part of Advocacy for Children Day)
- Coming soon! SPARK Saint Paul Forums
2023 Policy & Advocacy Agenda
- Increase investments to stabilize the early child care and education workforce and expand access to culturally responsive, trauma-sensitive care.
- Advance policies that remove systemic barriers and mitigate the impacts of the “benefits cliff.”
- Provide holistic services to prevent homelessness and build pathways to stable housing for those exiting the foster system and transitioning out of incarceration.
Become an Advocate
Join the advocacy network to get updates and notifications about opportunities to make your voice heard during the legislative session.
Spread the Word
Find current infographics, videos, flyers, etc. and share them with your network to help spread the word about the urgent issues we’re addressing through our advocacy work.