DonateHelp create a community where all people thrive regardless of income, race or place.
Arise + Shine TC Pride March Viewing Party
June 25 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join forces with community champions and Arise Project changemakers for our annual fundraiser and TC Pride March viewing party! Tickets will go on sale in May.
SEEKING SPONSORS! Turnberry Solutions is returning as a sponsor again in 2023. But we need more sponsors. Opportunities range from $1,000 – $10,000 with various benefits at each level. Email Anne-Marie.Hendrickson@gtcuw.org for details.
Arise Project is excited to be back at The Hennepin (next to the Orpheum) where we’ll gather with friends to raise money to support LGBTQ+ youth experiencing homelessness in the Twin Cities.
Viewing Party: 10 am – 2 pm (tentative)
Parade Start Time: 11:00 am
Tickets price includes:
- Viewing the parade from the floor-to-ceiling 3rd-floor windows or the rooftop
- Tasty Brunch Food (with gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian options)
- One free drink ticket and cash bar
- A whole lot of fun including more games and activities – stay tuned for more details!
- ~13,300 youth are without shelter every year in the Twin Cities
- At least 23% of young people experiencing homelessness identify as LGBTQ+ and 73% as BIPOC
- LGBTQ+ youth are over twice as likely as non-LGBTQ+ youth to experience homelessness
- LGBTQ+ youth experiencing homelessness experience high levels of adversity, including being physically harmed, sexually exploited, and exposed to discrimination
WHAT IS ARISE PROJECT?
Arise Project is a giving community that creates one-of-a-kind grants that support nonprofits working to get these youth off the streets. Arise Project envisions a Greater Twin Cities where all LGBTQ+ youth experiencing homelessness have the support and resources they need to reach their full potential. As a collective giving group, we partner with local nonprofit organizations that offer services to these youth.
Arise Project is the only organization in the region creating one-of-a-kind grants that empower nonprofits to expand their services and programming equitably for LGBTQ+ youth struggling with homelessness. A volunteer-led Steering Committee develops fundraising initiatives and votes on the funds granted to partner nonprofits. This means that each year the funds raised through this event and other initiatives are invested for the greatest impact by those who share your care and passion for the needs of these youth.
Learn more about Arise Project.