2018 Community Investments
United Way raises funds in one calendar year to be invested the following year. From our 2017 fundraising efforts, United Way invested over $64 million in our community in 2018 through grantmaking, our 2-1-1 resource line and other direct services, advocacy efforts and other investments.
How much of the money raised by Greater Twin Cities United Way is used for administrative purposes?
We use 18 cents of every dollar to run the organization, which compares favorably to the nonprofit sector. However, what’s most important is the impact we are having in the Greater Twin Cities by working together. Your investment in United Way provides tangible results in our community by:
- Providing 400,000+ 211 Resource Helpline referrals to human service needs.
- Providing financial support to 95 nonprofits on the frontlines of serving the community.
- Building the nonprofit sector’s infrastructure and capacity.
- Unlocking millions in state funding and influencing legislation to support those most vulnerable.
- Engaging volunteers to support 75,000+ individuals in areas such as food, education, job training and housing.
Give with Confidence
|Greater Twin Cities United Way meets all 27 Accountability Standards of the Charities Review Council.|
|Greater Twin Cities United Way has been awarded the highest Seal of Approval from Guidestar.org.|
Greater Twin Cities United Way meets all membership requirements through United Way Worldwide.
Explore what it means to be a changemaker, and to make an impact in your community with Greater Twin Cities United Way.