Will You Take the Character Challenge?
United Way has teamed up with the NFL to bring Character Playbook, a digital, interactive education program focused on positive youth development, to nearly 2,000 schools across the country. Together we’ve helped over 200,000 students advance their personal development, learning how to cultivate and maintain healthy relationships, make good decisions and step in when they see questionable activity.
Today, we’re taking that a step further. We’re asking local educators and schools to take the Character Challenge and bullyproof their schools—making them safer, kinder, and more inclusive for everyone. Former Minnesota Vikings player Anthony Bass is encouraging you to get involved:
Goals for the Character Challenge:
- Share ideas and best practices of how to make our schools safer, kinder, and more inclusive.
- Start a conversation online about character and how we all can make a difference in our schools. #BullyProofSchools
- Highlight the bullyproof ideas that can be used by everyone, everywhere.
Schools with the best bullyproof strategies could win an invitation to the Character Playbook Spring Event, Character Playbook and Team specific prize packs, and shout-outs on social media from your United Way and NFL team!
Starting now, through February 3, 2019, schools can submit their strategies for bully-proofing their school:
- Post to Twitter: Post your bully-proof ideas to twitter, tag your district, @unitedwaytc, and @vikings. Remember to include the hashtags #BullyProofSchools and #CharacterPlaybook. Post your ideas and keep up with the conversation.
- Email: Submit your plan, pictures, and videos to character CharacterChallenge@everfi.com.
The NFL and United Way partnership is the longest-running collaboration in history between a major sports league and a nonprofit organization. Together, we are making a direct impact in communities nationwide through programs and initiatives designed to help kids develop healthier minds and bodies. Character Playbook is powered by education technology leader EVERFI, which works across 20,000 K-12 schools in North America and over 1,300 colleges and universities.
More Articles Like This:
On March 13, in partnership with the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless, Greater Twin Cities United Way joined more than 200 organizations and nearly 800 […]
Every 2.3 minutes, United Way’s 2-1-1 helpline addresses a local need. 2-1-1 assists people facing a problem or looking for opportunities by providing information about […]
Today, United Ways across the country joined with the NFL and Nationwide to announce their team’s nominees for the Walter Payton Man of the Year […]