Helping Children Succeed
United Way and its partners focus on results at three crucial stages in a child's education. We invest in proven programs that improve academic development and outcomes. We also provide services to support good parenting and a stable home environment. This ensures that the next generation is fully prepared to lead and work in our community.
- Ensure early childhood education
- Ensure early grade literacy
- Provide quality out-of-school-time opportunities
In 2013, United Way:
- Ensured that 5,744 children were fully prepared for kindergarten or age-appropriate in development.
- Increased early grade literacy for 6,397 children.
- Engaged 22,347 youth in quality out-of-school-time programs.
Learn more about our work in Helping Children Succeed