Helping Children Succeed
Congratulations to our newest Helping Children Succeed grant recipients! See the full list.
United Way and its partners focus on results at three crucial stages in a child's education.
We invest in proven programs that improve academic development and outcomes. We provide services to support good parenting and a stable home environment. This ensures that the next generation is fully prepared to lead and work in our community.
We are working to ensure that:
- Children Are Ready for School
- Children Have Foundational Reading Skills
- Youth Gain Experiences to Learn, Lead and Succeed
In 2014, United Way:
- Ensured that 7,200 children were fully prepared for kindergarten or age-appropriate in development.
- Increased early grade literacy for 5,100 children.
- Engaged 24,200 youth in quality out-of-school-time programs.
United Front Education Blogs
- American Student Learns Valuable Lessons
By MaryBeth Zins, Greater Twin Cities United Way intern
- LearnTogetherMN Launch
- The Privilege of Nonprofit Service: Part 1 | Part 2
By Rachel Speck, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- United Way Director Gets Schooled as Principal for a Day
By Kathy Lentz, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Minnesota Recipient of RTT-ELC Grant!
- Minnesota’s Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge Grant Application