Fueling Change Through Advocacy
Informed by the people who are most impacted by unjust systems, our advocacy work is centered around building relationships and bringing people from the public, private and nonprofit sectors together to discuss issues and develop solutions.
2023 Policy & Advocacy Agenda
No one navigates poverty in isolated systems. We recognize the deep disparities in life outcomes predictable by race as evidence of long-standing systemic racism and oppression, and we believe we must both support necessary services which respond to immediate need and work further upstream to advance trauma-sensitive, culturally responsive policies. Informed directly by our stakeholders, our advocacy agenda enacts a series of interrelated policy issues that address these challenges and enables long-term, system solutions.
- Increase investments to stabilize the early child care and education workforce and expand access to culturally responsive, trauma-sensitive care.
- Advance policies that remove systemic barriers and mitigate the impacts of the “benefits cliff.”
- Provide holistic services to prevent homelessness and build pathways to stable housing for those exiting the foster system and transitioning out of incarceration.
- Ensure young people are prepared to succeed through high-quality out-of-school programs and pathways for college readiness and career success.
- Support stable, affordable housing access for households with an income at 30-60% of the area median income through eviction reform.
- Establish support and allocate resources to sustain a strong nonprofit sector.
- Strengthen and expand access to 24/7 resource referral services, including United Way’s 211 resource helpline and 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
- Expand reliable access to fresh, healthy meals that meet the needs of individuals and families.
- Increase flexibility for state grant requirements issued by state agencies.
Become an Advocate
Join the advocacy network to get updates and notifications about opportunities to make your voice heard during the legislative session.
Spread the Word
Find current infographics, videos, flyers, etc. and share them with your network to help spread the word about the urgent issues we’re addressing through our advocacy work.