National Volunteer Week
Here at Greater Twin Cities United Way, we are so grateful for our volunteers! April 15-21 is National Volunteer Week, where we give special attention to those who generously give their time to make our community a better place. Every day, volunteers help make connections, take action, and participate in projects with our partner agencies through Volunteer United, addressing issues like hunger, homelessness, employment, and health.
Last year alone:
- More than 77,000 volunteers gave their time
- Over 300 job seekers participated in mock interviews and received career advice thanks to 100 volunteers
- More than 42,000 kids started or ended their day less hungry thanks to volunteers who assembled healthy snack packs
- Over 2,000 volunteers packed more than 12,000 backpacks full of school supplies on Action Day
- More than 15,000 meals were provided and tracked through Volunteer United in our community
- 240 families experiencing homelessness started life in a new home with a kit of essential household items, thanks to volunteers
Our volunteers unite to make a difference in our community every day—if you’d like more information about getting involved with Greater Twin Cities United Way, learn more here.
Volunteer United is a free, full-service resource offered by Greater Twin Cities Way for companies and organizations who want to engage their staff and groups with the community. We offer volunteer coordination and organization for schools, colleges, churches, scouts and groups of any size. With Volunteer United, it’s easy to make a difference.
Interested in staying up-to-date on the most current volunteer opportunities? Get our newsletter to stay in the loop about all of our offerings for individuals and groups. Sign up now!
Established in 1974, National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the impact of volunteer service and the power of volunteers to come together to tackle tough challenges, and build stronger, more resilient communities.
More Articles Like This:
Today, United Ways across the country joined with the NFL and Nationwide to announce their team’s nominees for the Walter Payton Man of the Year […]
United Way has teamed up with the NFL to bring Character Playbook, a digital, interactive education program focused on positive youth development, to nearly 2,000 […]
Greater Twin Cities United Way has a new approach to community building, anchored in a long-term commitment to equity with a focus on filling the […]