Flavors of Our Community
Provide culturally specific pantry packs for our neighbors experiencing food insecurity.
Join Us for Year Three!
Flavors of Our Community is a food initiative focused on increasing access to culturally specific food items at local food shelves.
Our community is home to many cultures with a variety of meaningful foods, flavors and spices. It is important that our neighbors experiencing food insecurity have access to foods that are familiar and significant to their culture.
In partnership with local nonprofit partners (see below), we’ve developed 11 different pantry packs containing a variety of food items — like beans, noodles, sauces and spices — that are essential to cultures served by these partners.
It’s Easy to Get Involved
Follow these steps to volunteer at home:
- Choose which Flavors of Our Community pantry pack(s) you will assemble.
- Sign up with pack type(s)/quantity and your preferred drop-off location.
- Purchase items for your selected pantry packs. Make sure to include all listed items to ensure families receive complete packs.
- Assemble pantry packs by placing all items into the type of bag listed within the supply list.
- Drop off completed pantry packs at the location you selected during signup (see drop-off locations below).
Bremer Bank Drop-Off Locations
Completed pantry packs can be dropped off at the following locations during open business hours (9am–5pm) starting Wednesday, March 1 – Friday, April 7. A collection box will be placed inside the lobby at the following branch locations:
- Brooklyn Center: 5540 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- Eagan: 1995 RahnCliff Court, Eagan, MN 55122
- Edina: 6900 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55435
- Lake Elmo (Service Center): 8555 Eagle Point Blvd, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
- Plymouth: 3415 Vicksburg Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55447
- Roseville: 1715 County Road B2 West, Roseville, MN 55113
- St. Paul: 423 Snelling Ave N, St Paul, MN 55104
Not able to make a drop-off at a Bremer Bank location? Schedule a drop-off at Greater Twin Cities United Way by selecting “Schedule a drop-off at United Way” during signup, and a member of the Volunteer United team will reach out to coordinate a drop-off at United Way’s office. United Way address: 404 S 8th St, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Interested in hosting a group or company volunteer project?
Email VolunteerUnited@gtcuw.org to learn how Volunteer United can partner with you!
Not able to Volunteer at Home?
Donate today to support Greater Twin Cities United Way’s work in Food Security.
Flavors of Our Community is now a state-wide initiative!
Thank you to the following United Ways for joining Flavors of Our Community this year: