If you are inspired by hands-on impact that is sustainable and measurable, our Leaders United program is for you.
United Way Inclusive Leadership Program
Leaders United is a leadership development and service opportunity for motivated change-makers to immerse themselves in the Twin Cities, learning and working side-by-side with others to tackle the most pressing challenges in our community.
Leaders United provides transformative experiences to develop inclusive leaders who are engaged in and actively making a positive impact in the communities where they live, learn, work, and play. As a participant you’ll learn about:
- Challenges Facing our Community – Take a deep dive into our community’s needs and learn how you can be a driver of change.
- Cultural Competence – All participants take the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) to assess cultural competence and explore unconscious bias.
- Skills-Based Volunteering – Apply your skills to a solution you’ll create for a local nonprofit.
- New Connections – Build relationships with a diverse network of peers from a variety of sectors and industries to open new doors for your career.
- Interactive Learning Labs – Participate in reflective discussions, engaging workshops, and immersive curriculum to stretch outside your comfort zone.
- Understanding Self – Throughout the program, you’ll take assessments and participate in thoughtful self-reflection to strengthen and grow your career.
Leaders United Testimonials
"The curriculum and facilitated learning covers a broad range of topics and provides action-based learning tools. We have already realized success in my organization at U.S. Bank by integrating both concepts and specific materials from the Leaders United program. The hands-on problem-solving for the agency partners provides immediate opportunities to put new skills and learning to work. "
"The differentiator for me when it comes to Leaders United is the community involvement. Instead of just reading about disparities, they are assigned projects with local nonprofits and get to see the challenges facing our community firsthand. That’s when the magic happens. "
"What excited me was the opportunity for the participants to develop skills they may not have otherwise develop. It gives participants with leadership aspirations who haven’t had managerial experiences yet a chance to gain and practice some of that knowledge in a safe environment. "
"The learnings and leadership they bring back to their company will be invaluable in promoting a more inclusive environment and helping advance diversity initiatives. Leaders United gives participants an opportunity to develop connections with other young leaders throughout the Twin Cities community and gives them firsthand exposure to local nonprofits. Giving young leaders the chance to embed themselves in the local community and become philanthropic leaders helps advance the corporate citizenship of the companies they work for. "
- Newish in your career, with 5-7 years of work experience
- Encouraged by small group learning labs
- Community-minded, eager to give back in innovative ways
- Ready to make a mark through philanthropy, whatever that may mean to you
For more information, contact: VolunteerUnited@gtcuw.org
Leaders United Alumni Network
Annex Teen Clinic
Greater Twin Cities United Way
Volunteer Lawyers Network