Join more than 640 households dedicated to creating positive change and fueling high-impact work in the Greater Twin Cities.
The Greater Twin Cities United Way Tocqueville Society exists to maximize and multiply the collective impact of innovative philanthropic leaders to help solve our community’s most significant challenges.
Comprised of civic-minded leaders dedicated to supporting our community’s future, Tocqueville Society members put their philanthropy and leadership to work to help achieve United Way’s vision of a Greater Twin Cities where all thrive, regardless of income, race or place of residence.
The Greater Twin Cities United Way Tocqueville Society is a nationally recognized leader in philanthropic community solutions and giving. Tocqueville Society investments represented 33 percent of the total resources raised by Greater Twin Cities United Way in 2018.
Be a part of this remarkable group that understands how generosity today impacts the generations of tomorrow. Exclusive events will connect you with like-minded peers, bring you closer to the impact of your gift, and provide opportunities for you to be engaged in developing solutions.
Benefits of Membership
- Get closer to the impact of your gift through unique donor engagement experiences
- Connect with like-minded leaders and help solve community challenges
- Join distinguished community leaders at special events, such as the annual Tocqueville Society awards dinner honoring outstanding civic leadership and lifetime achievement
- Receive the biannual Tocqueville Society newsletter, “Connections”
- Discuss your philanthropic goals with a dedicated United Way advisor
- Consult with our in-house attorney about your gift planning and tax considerations
- Receive recognition with your peers in the annual Tocqueville Society member directory
- Be the first to hear about United Way announcements and updates
- Participate in volunteer events including Feeding Who’s Hungry, Action Day and Home For Good
Tocqueville Society recognizes and engages generous individuals who give $10,000 or more annually. If you’re interested in becoming a member, please call (612) 340-7444 or send us an email.
Tocqueville Society Members
"'We have a lot of division in our country right now, but we can all agree that the best solution for the challenges we have is good jobs.' Centered on building pathways to zero college debt and $25-per-hour jobs, 10,000+ students – half Students of Color – have enrolled in Career Academies since 2015. In essence, it is the American dream. "
"When you’re an emerging professional, you have time and talent, but there’s a finite amount of treasure you can give. We can turn pennies into big dollars…We can make an even bigger impact by starting early. "
"It’s estimated that 40 percent of homeless youth are LGBTQ kids. This feels like an area where we can leverage our money to make a difference. Especially in a place that we love so much: the Twin Cities. "
Home for Good – Drop Off – Minneapolis
When: Tue, Oct 5 | 3:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
Where: Greater Twin Cities United Way, 404 S 8th St, Minneapolis, 55404
Home for Good – Drop Off – Edina
When: Tue, Oct 12 | 3:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
Where: Southdale Library, 7001 York Ave S, Edina, 55435
Thanks to Our Tocqueville Society Sponsors: