Join more than 640 households dedicated to creating positive change and fueling high-impact work in the Greater Twin Cities.
The Greater Twin Cities United Way Tocqueville Society exists to maximize and multiply the collective impact of innovative philanthropic leaders to help solve our community’s most significant challenges.
Comprised of civic-minded leaders dedicated to supporting our community’s future, Tocqueville Society members put their philanthropy and leadership to work to help achieve United Way’s vision of a Greater Twin Cities where all thrive, regardless of income, race or place of residence.
The Greater Twin Cities United Way Tocqueville Society is a nationally recognized leader in philanthropic community solutions and giving. Tocqueville Society investments represented 33 percent of the total resources raised by Greater Twin Cities United Way in 2018.
Be a part of this remarkable group that understands how generosity today impacts the generations of tomorrow. Exclusive events will connect you with like-minded peers, bring you closer to the impact of your gift, and provide opportunities for you to be engaged in developing solutions.
Benefits of Membership
- Get closer to the impact of your gift through unique donor engagement experiences
- Connect with like-minded leaders and help solve community challenges
- Join distinguished community leaders at special events, such as the annual Tocqueville Society awards dinner honoring outstanding civic leadership and lifetime achievement
- Receive the biannual Tocqueville Society newsletter, “Connections”
- Discuss your philanthropic goals with a dedicated United Way advisor
- Consult with our in-house attorney about your gift planning and tax considerations
- Receive recognition with your peers in the annual Tocqueville Society member directory
- Be the first to hear about United Way announcements and updates
- Participate in volunteer events including Feeding Who’s Hungry, Action Day and Home For Good
Tocqueville Society recognizes and engages generous individuals who give $10,000 or more annually. If you’re interested in becoming a member, please call (612) 340-7444 or send us an email.
Tocqueville Society Members
"It’s estimated that 40 percent of homeless youth are LGBTQ kids. This feels like an area where we can leverage our money to make a difference. Especially in a place that we love so much: the Twin Cities. "
""I think United Way is uniquely positioned to bring the public sector, corporations and contributions from donors together to solve problems. Most of the things we’re trying to tackle are bigger than what anyone can do individually or any organization can do alone." "