DonateHelp create a community where all people thrive regardless of income, race or place.
- This event has passed.
Family Philanthropy Series: Learn about the new IRA rules
February 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ABOUT THIS EVENT:
In late 2022, Congress passed a sweeping piece of legislation that changes many rules related to retirement income. The legislation even expanded options for giving to your favorite nonprofit from retirement accounts. Join Greater Twin Cities United Way for our next Family Philanthropy Series virtual learning opportunity. After this session, you’ll walk away with a better understanding of:
- NEW ways to create retirement income for you
- A NEW, one-time opportunity to use your IRA to create a gift annuity
- HOW to use retirement accounts to benefit your favorite causes
- HOW others have used their retirement assets to increase their giving potential
- Dana J. Holt, JD RICP AEP CAP, author, charitable gift planning educator, professional speaker and consultant with HOLT Consulting
- Mariah Brook, Director of Gift Planning at the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation
Format: President and CEO, John Wilgers, will share a brief welcome and a moderated discussion will follow led by Vice President of Individual Philanthropy, Mala Thao.
When: Noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, February 28
Where: Online – Zoom (registration required). Virtual meeting information will be sent to registered attendees 24 hours before the event.