Community Insight Session: Career and Future Readiness
Did you know Minnesota is one of the most educated states in the country, yet the racial gap in educational achievement is among the worst in the nation, contributing to lifelong income gaps for people of color? We believe every young person deserves the opportunity to realize their full potential and a quality education is key to success.
Join us at September’s Community Insight Session for an expert panel and Q&A to discuss how we and our partners are addressing these disparities, including:
- Opportunities – beyond the classroom – for young people to explore careers and direct their own futures.
- Innovative programs that are equipping young people with the skills, knowledge, relationships and opportunities needed to thrive.
- How you can get involved.
Date: Thursday, September 19
Time: 1-2 p.m.
Location: Greater Twin Cities United Way, Stuart Wells conference room
- Steve Walvig, Program Officer, Education, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Dr. Tracine Asberry, Executive Director, St. Paul Youth Services
- Dr. Rev. Alika Galloway, CEO/Director and Co-Pastor of Liberty Community Church
Space is limited. RSVP on Eventbrite by September 16.
Questions? Please contact Isabella Xiong.