Bright Futures Begin at Birth
Thank you to everyone who attended the second annual Bright Futures Begin at Birth event. More than 500 people from over 200 organizations came together to talk about how we can share resources and partner to give the children in our community the best start possible.
Advancements in brain development research show that we need to start engaging with children and families at a much earlier age to impact a child’s future health, well-being and learning. We want to build on the work already underway to ensure that every child has a healthy start and bright future.
We hope you’ll get involved and help determine ways to bring this campaign to life.
- Keynote Presentation by Mary Brainerd (PPT)
- Panel Participants’ Bios (PDF)
- Bright Futures Begin at Birth Community Partners Video
- Talk-a-Doodle-Doo Campaign Video
- Andrea Walsh, President and CEO, HealthPartners
- Sarah Caruso, President and CEO, Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Mary Brainerd, retired CEO and child advocate
- Sameerah Bilal-Roby, Project Director, African American Babies Coalition
- Gigi Chawla, MD, Chief of General Pediatrics, Children’s Minnesota
- Yolanda Maxwell, Owner/Director, Little Steps Child Care Center
- Angela Watts, Director, Family Learning, Minnesota Children’s Museum
Presented in partnership by: