Action Day 2020 – School Supply Pack Drop Off
Each year, more than 100,000 students in our community go back to school without a backpack and the essential supplies needed to learn and succeed in the classroom.
Because of this, since 2016, United Way has been teaming up with all seven of Minnesota’s pro sports teams to bring volunteers together at Action Day to help local students start the school year ready to learn by filling backpacks with school supplies.
Due to safety concerns, packing backpacks this year will be managed remotely.
VOLUNTEERING AT HOME IS EASY AS 1-2-3!
- Sign up here and determine the quantity and type of School Supply Packs you’d like to assemble- Elementary, Middle/High School or both!
- Purchase listed items and assemble each School Supply Pack by placing all supplies into a 2-gallon Ziploc bag, label each pack with type (Elementary or Middle/High School). View School Supply Pack Lists for full list of supplies.
- Drop-off your completed School Supply Packs at a designated location- don’t forget to sign up to let us know where you plan to drop-off! Note, United Way will place your completed School Supply Packs into a backpack for each student.
Don’t forget to share photos and videos of your Volunteering At Home experience to your social and workplace channels using #VolunteerAtHome
For every School Supply Pack you commit to assembling, you will receive one (1) entry (up to 20 entries) in our sweepstakes to win exciting prizes!
Completed School Supply Packs can be dropped off at one of the designated locations below.
UPS Service Centers July 13 – 23
A collection box will be in the lobby of the following service centers.
- Eagan, 555 Opperman Drive, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm
- Maple Grove, 8501 Valley Forge Lane N, Monday – Friday, 10 am – 8 pm
- Minneapolis, 3312 Broadway St. NE, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 6 pm
Greater Twin Cities United Way (404 South 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404) accepting school supply packs on the following dates/times.
- Wednesday, July 29, 11 am – 3 pm
- Saturday, August 1, 10 am – 2 pm
- Thursday, August 6, 3 pm – 7 pm
Please let us know how many bags you are planning on packing and where you plan to drop off your school supply packs. For more information, please email Melissa Caldwell at Melissa.Caldwell@gtcuw.org
More Upcoming Events Like This:
Action Day 2020 – Virtual Event
When: Thu, Aug 13 | 11:30a.m. - 1:00p.m.