DonateHelp create a community where all people thrive regardless of income, race or place.
- This event has passed.
15th Annual Nancy Latimer Convening on Children & Youth Cultivating CommUnity: Listen Well & Act Now!
November 4, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
All registered guests will receive the link 2 days before the event’s virtual live premier.
Join us as we celebrate and honor this year’s recipients of special recognition for outstanding achievements in support of young children across Minnesota. We will celebrate this year’s awardees of The “Nancy” Award, in honor of Nancy Latimer’s legacy. We will also honor the awardees named the 2021 Legislative and Advocacy Champions.
Start Early is committed to equity and has made a renewed effort to lean in, listen well and learn about ways to advocate and activate agency. A panel discussion will highlight the collaborative work and recommendations put forth in a new report created by community members and community partners, including parents and providers. The report is called: “The Community Solutions Fund for Healthy Child Development: A New Tool for Equity.”
Event is Emceed by:
- Andre Dukes, North Side Achievement Zone
Start Early Presenters Include:
- Tiffany Kong, St. Paul & Minnesota Foundation
- Allison Corrado, Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation
- Denise Mayotte, Sheltering Arms Foundation
- Nancy Jost, West Central Foundation
- Carrie Zelin Johnson, Greater Twin Cities United Way
Panel Moderated by:
- Betty Emarita, Coalition; Co-Chair, Advisory Council, Community Solutions Fund for Healthy Child Development
- May Losloso, Community Engagement Director, for the Children’s Defense Fund-Minnesota; a member of the Community Solutions Fund Advisory Council, and a member of the Voices & Choices for Children Steering Committee
- Adikoons Haley Olson, Coordinator of Parent and Adult Programs, Ojibwe Mo Ta Dee Da, OOG, Ojibwe immersion academy with Fond du lac Tribal and Community College, Cloquet MN
- Gevonee Ford, Founder and Executive Director, of the Network for the Development of Children of African Descent, a culturally based family education center
We look forward to celebrating advancements made in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education and sharing ways to collaborate in our future work that will be inspired by this year’s theme:
Cultivating CommUnity: Listen Well & Act Now
Email Carrie Zelin Johnson at email@example.com