Make a Planned Gift
United Way is committed to building the health of our community now and in the future. A planned gift supports ongoing initiatives that help individuals realize their full potential, while also strengthening the greater Twin Cities for years to come.
You don’t need to be wealthy to give a gift with impact. Whether you’d like to donate hundreds, or hundreds of thousands, let us make it easy for you by using our complimentary services to create a philanthropic strategy that meets your goals.
Planned Giving Profiles
"What’s attractive to me about United Way is the due diligence side of it, and being in touch with what’s going on in the community. That tells me that the legacy gift to United Way will be used in a good way for a long period of time. "
"It’s always made me feel good to support what United Way does, and the fact that the organization has been around for 100 years and is doing such good work, I feel confident that it will continue to do that in the future – and I’m happy to be a part of that. "
With thoughtful planning, you can make a difference for future generations. Planned Gifts support maintain our community’s safety net, and provide greater access to education and jobs for all of our neighbors.
In addition, donors who make Planned Gifts enjoy:
- The confidence that comes with investing in an organization that has been serving the local community for more than 100 years
- Sizeable income and estate tax deductions
- Favorable capital gains tax treatment
- Additional options to provide income for you and your loved ones for life
- A legacy that fits your philanthropic goals
- Recognition as a member of United Way’s Legacy Society