Time is Money
Make your volunteer hours go further
The Time Is Money program promotes employee volunteerism by matching donated direct service hours with cash donations.
The program only matches qualifying volunteer time by Deluxe part-time and full-time employees.
Required hours must be donated during a calendar year. Employees can exercise one of the following options one time per year:
- Donate 15 hours of time at a qualifying nonprofit and apply for a $200 Foundation match to that organization (up to two matches per year). If you submit for 2 matches, you do not need to submit at the same time.
- An employee who serves on a qualifying nonprofit board has the opportunity to request one $500 match providing that a minimum of 40 hours was donated to that organization. Please note that employees who exercise this benefit only qualify for the one $500 match during a calendar year (i.e., they cannot submit a second request of $200 or $500).
Eligible institutions are nonprofit organizations that have obtained a 501(c)(3) status from the IRS and are located in the United States.
Exceptions are those described in the “Ineligible” section below. Accredited schools that have appropriate tax-exemption status also qualify (matches on behalf of volunteer time at schools are made in the legal name of the school).
Examples of qualifying organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Humane Societies
- Junior Achievement
- Red Cross/Salvation Army
- Accredited K-12 schools/colleges
- Professional arts organizations
- Scouting programs
- Mentoring and tutoring programs
- Pooling of volunteer hours on behalf of a group of co-workers
- Religious organizations
- Lobbying or political organizations/campaigns
- Participation or attendance at fundraisers (e.g., walk-a-thons, bike-a-thons, golf benefits, etc.)
- Attendance at PTA meetings, parent-teacher conferences
- Travel time
- Organizations whose philosophy and mission may conflict with company policy positions or could potentially cause negative publicity for the company
The Deluxe Corporation Foundation office reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Time Is Money program at anytime. The interpretation and administration of this program is determined by the Foundation office and all decisions are final. If you have questions about the program, or whether an organization will qualify, please call 651-787-5142.