Senior Manager, Prospect Development
Greater Twin Cities United Way lives in a unique space in the Twin Cities with a community of three million people who share our passion and mission. GTCUW impacts hundreds of thousands of people every year via community investments, donor events, workplace campaign events, conventions, volunteer events and community gatherings – giving everyone a voice in creating GTCUW.
Your Role in Participating: Senior Manager, Prospect Development
Your Department: Advancement
Your Reporting Manager: Director, Advancement Strategy
Our Mission and Values
Mission: Galvanize our community to build pathways toward prosperity and equity for all.
Values: Equity, collaboration, agility, and transparency
Our Relationships Create Impact
In your key capacity you will demonstrate world-class relationship management capabilities with individual donors, corporate partners, volunteers, the nonprofit sector, and the Greater Twin Cities United Way team that will result in creating positive impact for all people within our community experiencing poverty.
Primary Purpose of Role
The Senior Manager of Prospect Development oversees all aspects of Prospect Development at Greater Twin Cities United Way, including prospect research, prospect management, and fundraising analytics, leveraging these to inform and guide leadership’s fundraising strategies, priorities, and performance management. This individual will support the goals and objectives of the Director of Advancement Strategy, working alongside key leadership at GTCUW to direct the organization’s information development and deployment strategies. This work will lead to more efficient fundraising, better-informed strategic decision-making, more focused fundraising activity, and increased risk mitigation and opportunity capitalization.
Oversee the implementation of the prospect management program in support of key Advancement fundraising strategies and priorities: (50%):
- Setting prospect research strategy, managing departmental policies, procedures and best practices
- Facilitating regular meetings to drive relationships management, prospect development and key fundraising activities
- Ensuring portfolio optimization and a strong pipeline of new high-capacity donors to enable Advancement Resource Officer effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead prospect development strategies to support the launch and implementation of each phase of the comprehensive campaign
Partner with key staff on the Operations and IT teams to drive fundraising analytics, shape CRM systems and refine reporting strategy to advance evolving organizational fundraising strategies and priorities (30%):
- Develop reporting tools to support organizational learning, track key fundraising activities, and measure progress toward goals
- Leveraging data analytics strategies and visualization programs to equip Advancement Leaders and Resource Officers with key information to drive activity, accountability and decision-making
- Ensure alignment of CRM systems and drive consistent and productive usage of CRM to support reporting and forecasting needs
Lead Prospect Development Team by providing targeted coaching and project management support, and partnering with Advancement Leaders and Resource Officers to maximize effective usage of the prospect management program and team (20%)
Competencies that Support Your Work
- Bachelor’s degree required and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in areas of research, prospect (relationship) management, data management, and strategic planning is preferred.
- 1+ years management experience preferred.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of philanthropy and fundraising programs and related strategies with proven ability to collaborate and organize fundraising activities effectively, prioritizing prospects and participating in high level strategies and gift discussions.
- Strong customer focus, communicating effectively and respectfully including attentively listening that encourages expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Skilled at consistently achieving results, demonstrating persistence in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Is able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear.
- Actively learns through experimentation using both successes and failures.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans through complexity that support the organization’s mission and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the fundraising program.
- Displays the ability to create new and better ways to look at problems and create solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines, identifying process necessary to get work completed.
- Ability to lead groups and projects building partnerships and balancing multiple stakeholder needs when making decisions while functioning as part of an integrated team.
- Knowledge of and experience with creating reports using Microsoft Dynamics or similar customer relationship management database.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Access).
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to and knowledge of ethical use of information.
- Experience with data mining and/or predictive modeling preferred.
Please note: Because the system does not allow two attachments, please copy and paste your resume and cover letter into one file (a Word document or PDF) and submit it with your online application.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Committed to a Culturally Diverse Work Force