Lifeline Crisis Center Manager
We live in a world where division, disparity, and poverty affect everyone. There are many ways to solve problems, but when we unite as changemakers at Greater Twin Cities United Way we can disrupt systems, unlock human potential, change narratives, create equitable solutions, and advocate for policies that result in lasting change. As an interconnected community focused on equity and inclusion, we can draw from our best minds, courageous leaders, responsive services and collaborative partnerships, and bring forth working solutions to shape our future together.
Your Role in Participating: Lifeline Crisis Center Manager
Your Department: Community Impact
Your Reporting Manager: Program Officer, Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: Galvanize our community to build pathways toward prosperity and equity for all.
Values: Equity, collaboration, agility, and transparency
OUR RELATIONSHIPS CREATE IMPACT
In your key capacity you will maintain cooperative working relationships with emergency service providers, mental health agencies, mobile crisis/psychiatric outreach teams, the nonprofit sector, local government entities and the Greater Twin Cities United Way team that will result in creating positive impact for all people within our community experiencing poverty.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE
This role will Provide clinical supervision to Call Specialists including conducting contact monitoring to assess and review application of clinical skills, provide coaching where necessary, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for remediation in consultation with Program Officer.
Clinical Supervision (45%)
- Provide clinical supervision to phone-based crisis specialists
- Conduct contact monitoring to assess and review application of clinical skills
- Provide coaching where necessary
- Identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for remediation in consultation with People Leader
- Ensure that quality requirements are met across Lifeline Crisis Center
- Complete mandatory trainings and workshops to remain knowledgeable about the latest policies and protocols and equipped to apply crisis intervention tools & techniques.
Hotline Operations (55%)
- Ensure stable operations of the Lifeline Crisis Center
- Execute projects necessary for smooth hotline operations, such as schedule creation and coordination.
- Support the Program Officer in selecting and prioritizing performance improvement projects for Call Specialists.
- Answer hotline calls as necessary to maintain service levels during call volume surges, staffing shortages, and/or when otherwise needed to maintain service levels
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology, Social Work, or related field. Licensure strongly preferred—or obtainable within first year of employment.
- People Leadership experience and a minimum of two years of clinical experience required.
- Prior experience with crisis situations and quickly establishing rapport with survivors of trauma desirable. Working knowledge of trauma-informed care a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure during stressful situations
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to exercise good judgment when faced with complex decisions.
- Must be able to demonstrate ease of use with technology.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule, which will include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish, Hmong or Somali a plus
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Greater Twin Cities United Way provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Explore what it means to be a changemaker, and to make an impact in your community with Greater Twin Cities United Way.