Application Support Specialist
Greater Twin Cities United Way lives in a unique space in the Twin Cities with a community of three million people who share our passion and mission. GTCUW impacts hundreds of thousands of people every year via community investments, donor events, workplace campaign events, conventions, volunteer events and community gatherings – giving everyone a voice in creating GTCUW.
Your Role in Participating: Application Support Specialist
Your Department: Information Technology & Analytics
Your Reporting Manager: Manager, Web and Online Giving Systems
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Mission: Galvanize our community to build pathways toward prosperity and equity for all
Values: Equity, collaboration, agility, and transparency
OUR RELATIONSHIPS CREATE IMPACT
In your key capacity you will demonstrate your relationship management capabilities with individual donors, corporate partners, volunteers, and the Greater Twin Cities United Way team that will result in creating positive impact for all people within our community experiencing poverty.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE
This position supports the configuration of the applications and databases used by internal staff and external customers, enabling the required business processes needed for GTCUW to be successful. This person is responsible for technical configuration, implementation and support of online tools and databases. This person will work collaboratively with both external customers and internal staff to ensure online campaign tools meet all business needs, providing excellent customer support to workplaces currently using and transitioning to these tools. This person will also administer and support our customer relationship management database and provide ongoing staff training.
| Online Giving Application Implementation and Oversight (40%)
Database Administration and Support (40%)
SharePoint Coordination (10%)
Project Management (10%)
· Project manage IT or enterprise-wide projects as needed.
COMPETENCIES THAT SUPPORT YOUR WORK
- 3+ years of experience with customer relationship or other databases in the capacity of a user subject matter expert and resource.
- Strong Excel skills. Experience with advanced Excel functions (IF formulas, VLOOKUP, etc.) required.
- Experience working with online tools preferred – HTML, CSS and WordPress helpful but not required. Will be required to learn.
- Demonstrates accountability to work by following through on assigned timelines for completion, commitments and projects.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with internal and external partners to solve problems, appropriately balancing and prioritizing stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively by adjusting to needs and skill levels of user audiences both internally and externally using active listening and positivity.
- Demonstrates an ability to administer complex and detailed systems, issues, and information, providing suggestions for process improvement along the way.
- Demonstrates expertise in building customer relationships and meeting customer expectations, gaining the confidence and trust of stakeholders through responsiveness and providing resolution to user issues.
- Uses sound decision-making skills, factoring in feedback and considering both short and long-term impact.
- Demonstrates an orientation toward action and an eagerness to learn in the face of new situations.
- Ability to adjust work schedule occasionally during the fall to meet peak season demands.
- Ability to facilitate learning as a trainer in both group and individual settings.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Greater Twin Cities United Way provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and ibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Explore what it means to be a changemaker, and to make an impact in your community with Greater Twin Cities United Way.