One of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving is all about gratitude. (Well, food too. Thanksgiving is really a lot about turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes as well as gratitude.) Each year I try to put together a list of things I’m most thankful for. This year’s list includes:
- My mom (she’s 92!).
- Friends and family to spend relaxing holidays with.
- A new bookstore (Moon Palace Books) in my neighborhood.
- Good neighbors.
- The improving (albeit slowly) job market.
- Minnehaha Park and Longfellow Garden.
- Bright sunny fall days.
- The good health care system we have in Minnesota.
- Fun, kind, and compassionate coworkers.
- My perfect (for me) spouse.
- An improving housing market (finally!).
- A good cup of coffee.
- More affordable housing—locally and nationally.
- Our great park system.
- A good (and improving) transit system.
- A wonderful giving and caring community.
- Minnesota in general, and the Twin Cities in particular. I love our great state!
If you’ve never made a gratitude list, try making one this Thanksgiving—it’s very happy making. And I’d love to hear about the things that top your list!